NATIONAL CERTIFICATE (VOCATIONAL)
What are the minimum entry requirements?
For entry to Educare, you require:
- Grade 12 certificate; or
- Equivalent qualification
Which subjects make up the Financial Management programme?
In order to obtain a Nated National Certiﬁcate (Educare), a student is required to take the following subjects:
- Education N4
- Educare didactics N4,N5 & N6
- Child health N4
- Day care Personnel Development N4
- Entrepreneurship & Business Management N4
- Day care Communication N5 & N6
- Education Psychology N5 & N6
- Day care Management N6
How long is the qualiﬁcation?
It is a full or part time six (06) months programme at each of the Nated (N) levels of study. A student is issued with a certiﬁcate on the successful completion of each Nated (N) levels of study, which is N4, N5 and N6.
What career opportunities do I have after completing Educare N6?The Nated National Certiﬁcate (Educare) provides an opportunity to access careers in any of the sectors listed below:
- Au Pair
- Educare Practitioner
- Play Group Practitioner
- Child Health and Nutrition Caretaker
- Day Care Administrator
- Day Care Manager
- Start your own Early Childhood Development center